To Report Stray or Injured Animals / Animal Cruelty follow this procedure; 

  1. Call your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
  2. Contact your local law enforcement agency in Ohio or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
  3. Contact your Ohio county sheriff’s department.

Humane Agencies that may be able to help


Animal Charities


Capital Area Humane Society

Dogs Deserve Better Inc.

The Humane Society of The United States

The Humane Society of Columbiana County


Salem Humane Agency


Stark County Humane Society